Health and Lifestyle Research, 2005
The Nutrition & Health Foundation (NHF)’s health and lifestyle research provides a valuable insight into the mind of the modern Irish consumer. The NHF’s research was designed to explore the attitudes of consumers to health and lifestyle issues.
Some key findings included:
- Consumers denial - whilst most consumers agree that Irish people are less healthy now compared to 20 years ago, only 11% were prepared to admit that they themsleves were unhealthy.
- Lack of motivation and time prevents consumers from leading healthier lifestyles.
- People appear to be under increasing pressure from busy lifestyles.
- Most people appear to understand the components of a healthy balanced diet but do not always put the information into practice.
- GPs were the number one source of information for consumers with respect to a healthy lifestyle.
Read the full report Health and Lifestyle Research, 2005