Created by Rozanne Stevens
|2 small butternut squash |
400g baby spinach leaves
3 tablespoons of sunblush tomatoes*, cut in half
100g feta cheese
100g chorizo sausage, diced
1 tin of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
Salt and pepper
- Wrap the butternut squash in foil and bake in the oven and bake for about 45 minutes at 180°C until tender. Check by prodding with a dinner knife.
- Fry the chorizo until crispy; add the chickpeas, sunblush tomatoes and spinach and heat through until the spinach wilts. Season.
- Slice the butternut squash in half. Scrape out all the seeds very well.
- Spoon in the filling and sprinkle with feta cheese.
* sundried tomatoes can be used which are available in all supermarkets and are a cheaper alternative. Fresh tomatoes can also be used but will be quite watery.
Per serving: 349g
|Total Fat (g)|
|Saturated Fat (g)|